Used Frac-950?

Hi everyone,

all our Aekta fraction collectors seem to be breaking down... I wish I could buy a bunch of new machines, but the reality is different. So does anybody have a spare Frac-950 for sale?

I already looked around at the companies selling second hand lab equipment, and in the States it is easy to find a lot of Frac-950 for sale, but not in Europe. It is just not worth it to buy a new Frac-950 if anyhow the support for the old generation Aektas will stop.

Thanks!

Annabel

Posted on 07-Apr-2016 11:38 CEST
Annabel Parret

incredible!! it is a real problem. All my AKTAs are with the same fraction collector. Nothing to sell you, sorry.

Is just disgusting that GE stops to support AKTAs. I have three Explorers from 1997, and are still active...what will happen if they stop supporting us?? it is a shame!!!!

By the way, they are stopping to produce Superose 12 too

Posted on 07-Apr-2016 11:53 CEST
Mario Lebendiker

Hi Annabel,

Sorry-anything from the Äktas in the institute is hoarded for spares or the productionof `Äktastein' monsters! They are supporting FPLC, purifier etc.until the end of 2019 aren't they? But 3 years support for a new 950 would be pretty useless.

Did you see the  last reply to your post on the 'Pure'? Sounds like an interesting option for basic 1D machines.

Posted on 07-Apr-2016 12:39 CEST
Nick Berrow
Hi. If you're still looking for a frac 950, I have one which I can sell.
Posted on 22-Aug-2016 2:56 CEST
Rob Jones
Displaying 1-4 of 41